Sunday, January 25, 2009

Our "Adventure"

It has been two weeks since our "adventure" home. I think that we have finally recovered from the jet lag and the illnesses....well, Ike has a cold, but that is it. I just found some pics from our time in airports and on airplanes that I had promised some people I would show, so, here they are!

Here's the long line Andy stood in after our flight was canceled. We later found out that 50 flights were canceled out of Denver that day!

"Grandma Help!" Elle passed the time by using her Santa phone to call LOTS of people. It's a good thing she wasn't roaming!


Joe took a much needed nap in the stroller which is very rare for him. He must have been VERY tired!

Here's Ike sprinting back to us after he delivered our passports to Andy. Yes, I trusted a 4 year old with all 5 passports. Obviously I wasn't thinking clearly at that point!

Here we are enjoying good Chinese food, good cookies, good ice cream, and a great cup of Java at SFO thanks to United.

FINALLY we made it onto our international flight! We even got Economy Plus seating (that extra 5 inches is NICE)!

Here we are just a few minutes after take-off. It was a LONG 4 days but the kids were troopers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you made it back safely and made it through the flu. I can't imagine how tired you must have been and probably still are!

It was so good to get to see you all in church these past few months. Lookin' forward to more pics of the family!

Leingang Family said...

I love the last two pictures on the plane! And 5" does make a difference.

Thanks for sharing!

CJ Olson said...

Yuck!! I'm glad that you guys survived your adventure. I'm glad that you can smile and talk about it. Thanks for the pictures!

Unknown said...

When I first glanced at the picture of you guys sitting around the table drinking coffee and eating cookies, I thought the guy on the left (when looking at the picture) was Ike... ummm no! That is Joey! He looks so old all of the sudden. When you compare a picture of when you guys first came to that one, you can really tell the difference. Miss you! - Ellen

Unknown said...

My comment is confusing because the dude on the left is Ike. I meant the guy on the right side of the picture. Ok now I'm rambling but oh well. I think my point was made - Joey is looking so much older! Sorry~

Sarah DeSalvo said...

Enjoyed the pictures :-) Yes, that Economy Plus is nice huh? Our flight from Singapore to Tokyo this last week was EMPTY and they put us in the bulkhead in Economy Plus - EXTRA nice!!!