Wednesday, January 30, 2008

She ate what??!!??!!


So, we are currently on a retreat and staying in a hotel. The meals here are great for the most part. Every evening the meal includes this amazing fish. The fish is served whole.....scales and all. I don't know why, but people seem to like to eat the fish eyes. Well, one of our friends was going to try to do this, so she had taken the eyeball out and put it in her rice bowl. She left her bowl for a few minutes, and wouldn't you know, Elle climbed up in her seat and popped that eyeball right in her mouth. I was horrified!! I don't think that she really liked it, but it must have just slid right down! She didn't lose her meal, but I almost lost mine.

8 comments:

Kari, RN said...

Oh.... wow.... I don't even know what to say! That's really pretty disgusting, and I'm all about trying new things or fitting into new cultures. But still, fish eyes?!

Ekelund Fam said...

HAAA! Gross, Elle!!

Andrea said...

NOOOO!! That is awful! Did you just want to brush her teeth OVER AND OVER?????? I would probably gag - did you? :)

Kristina said...

Oh yes, I gagged! Meanwhile, Andy is laughing hysterically! She just got a funny look on her face like, "hmm, that's not what I thought it would be".

Anonymous said...

Grandma says way to go Elle.....that's my girl always willing to try new things even if you only try them once.....just like lutefisk!!!!Love grandma and just for Isaak's sake I want you to know that grandma DID NOT buy the fish eyes for you to eat!!!!

CJ Olson said...

Oh ewww....that's just gross!!

Leingang Family said...

Wow! You are one brave girl, Elle. Our boys would be pretty impressed!

Anonymous said...

Cousin Noelle....yuck.... please do not share any of that with me when you are home this summer.

Kathryn