Friday, January 25, 2008

Andy's Big Day

Well, it finally happened....Andy finally joined me in the 30-something category on Thursday! I think I even saw tears in his eyes as he said, "I don't know how a 30 year old is supposed to act." I think that he'll figure it out, but feel free to send him some advice! Happy Birthday to a wonderful husband and dad! We love you!

He started his birthday a couple days early when his first gift from the US arrived. Those of you who are former roommates know his love for cheese and crackers. He was in heaven when he found his gift to be Hickory Farms beef sticks and cheese balls. Joey tried to get in on the action, too. Soon Joey. Soon you can join your dad for his favorite snack.


Ike helped me to make Andy's favorite cake.....lemon cake with chocolate frosting. Can you tell who licked the beaters??

Enjoying a rare taste of Mt. Dew (it is hard to find and costs about $1.10 /can when you do find it, so he only got 2 cans)

The kids gave Dad another of his favorite treats...cashews

The Baker and the Birthday Boy

10 comments:

Alison said...

Happy Birthday Andy! Enjoy the 30's! I still haven't figured it out yet...I still feel like a teenager sometimes.

Great job on the cake, Ike!

ALison

Sara said...

Happy Birthday, Andy, and welcome to the 30s. It's not . . . so bad. Just think how our parents feel when we hit these milestones! :)

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Andy - we're all getting OLD!!! Looks like your family did some good pampering for you on the big day. Did you get any Kickin' Kiwi too??? :)

CJ Olson said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sure that you will figure it out! :-) I'm sorry that you don't get to have your mountain dew fix that often! :-( I hope you enjoyed your day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Andy....seems like Kris is keeping you way too busy for us to even wish you Happy Birthday over the phone....love you lots and will have lots of Mountain Dew when you come home in August. Mom and Dad K

Leingang Family said...

Happy Birthday! Don't worry the
30s aren't so bad. Just don't think about the fact that it's all downhill from here. (Just kidding)

I was just talking to someone about lemon and chocolate cake and I find out it's Andy's favorite. I will have to try it sometime.

Ekelund Fam said...

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the cool 30's club...at least that is what I tell myself. I have been in the club for 2 years now. :)

Kari, RN said...

Welcome to the 30's, Andy! It looks like you had a good birthday! Like A/A, I was also thinking about Kickin' Kiwi when I read the post!

Candis Berge said...

Belated birthday greetings, Andy! Just think, in ten years you will look back longingly at 30. Remember this!

By the way, I was a lucky person to be at John's when your roasted beans arrived and I enjoyed the coffee he brewed from them! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Andy. Thirty is not so bad, just think in another 20 years you can join AARP just like your father in law!!! Love dad K