Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Noelle turns 3

On Monday we celebrated Noelle's 3rd birthday. It's hard to believe how quickly that came! We started the celebration on Sunday night with dinner at TGIFriday's where she got her free sundae...yummy! After Friday's we headed to the hospital (yes, the hospital) to have strawberry shortcake for Ellie and Hannah's birthday's (Hannah's was on Sunday). Great Uncle Mike was already checked in for the foot surgery he was having on Monday, but could eat until midnight, so the three mission families had a birthday celebration at Mackay Hospital...a first for us, I think. Then Monday afternoon she got to dig into her Dora cake along with a group from a church that we work with (Andy had been on an outing with them that day and invited them to come have birthday cake with us. It was lots of fun having them into our home). Thanks to everyone who sent gifts and cards, and for the skype calls from her grandmas and grandpas. You made her day extra special!
Digging into her sundae (which she didn't really eat much of, but the rest of us enjoyed)
We all had hats on at one point, but only the boys left their hats on!
The birthday girls
How many people can you fit on a hospital bed?
The Dora cake she WAITED for
The guests

4 comments:

Sarah DeSalvo said...

Happy birthday, Elle!

The time DOES go by fast, doesn't it? Crazy!

Hey, at first I thought "Why are you back in the States?" And then I realized "You have a TGIFriday there in Taiwan, you lucky dogs!" My parents have one in Ecuador too... must suppress jealousy :-) I guess they do have one in Jakarta, but I think the only foreign restaurant we have here on the island is KFC, and NOTHING here in Wamena!!! Enjoy the treats for us!!!

CJ Olson said...

Sounds like you all had a blast. I love the sundae. Happy Birthday Noelle!!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Ellie!! I'm so sorry that I missed it!! I hope you had tons of fun. I love the Dora cake - Hannah is having a Dora party too.

Anonymous said...

Grandpa says we need some new pictures