Sunday, March 02, 2008

Happy Dr. Seuss Day!

I know everyone will think that we are crazy, but ever since Ike was born, my sister has reminded us when it's close to Dr. Seuss' birthday so that we make sure to read his books. Our kids love Dr. Seuss books thanks to Aunt Kim (she has given Ike LOTS of them)! This year we decided to make a Green Eggs and Ham cake in honor of his birthday. We had lots of fun!

Ike, of course, helped to mix up the cake. His favorite part, as usual, is licking the beaters and scraper!

The finished product. We didn't spend lots of time frosting it, so don't critique it too much. Plus, Elle snuck in the house when I was outside and the cake was still in progress. Unbeknownst to me, she grabbed the scraper and literally dug into the cake with it. I wish I would have grabbed the camera, but I didn't. Her face was covered in green frosting, as were her hands. After I cleaned her up and patched up the cake, even I had to laugh at her sneakiness.

Andy got in on the action by eating the left over frosting.

Can we say "sugar high"?

Happy Dr. Seuss Day! Make sure you read a Dr. Seuss book today!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Dr. Seuss Day to all of you too! The cake looks great! Nice job! Kathryn celebrated too.....we read lots of books and enjoyed some "Cats Mac and Cheese". Pictures are coming soon!

Aunt Kim

Kari, RN said...

I'm so impressed by the cake! Way to be ultra creative!

Leingang Family said...

What a fun thing to do. You are so creative!