Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Isaak's 1st Day of School


On his way to school (it's only 1/2 block away....very nice!!!)

Today was Isaak's 1st day of Chinese Kindergarten (the equivalent of preschool). I made Andy take him, knowing that I would cry if I did. His teacher said that he did great and didn't cry except for a minute or so after Andy left. What a relief!



After school he showed me all the stuff he got.

Isaak had a great day. He "played with friends, colored, and ate rice." I guess we know what his favorite things were. I was worried sending him because everything will be in Chinese, though from what we hear, he should be speaking that language in no time. Maybe he'll be able to help his parents out soon!!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW!! How can Isaak be old enough for preschool?? So crazy. He looks adorable. Was it odd not having him around for a few hours or are you used to that since he's been swimming with friends etc??

Kristina said...

It is odd, but I must admit that it is nice to only have two to take care of for that short time. Especially when both are usually napping in the morning!

Leingang Family said...

He's a big boy now! He looks so excited about all his new school stuff.

I know what you mean about the only having two at home thing. It is still true for us even now. It doesn't matter which one is gone, it's easier. But I am glad to have them all back together again (eventually). :o)

Anonymous said...

Isaak....grandpa and grandma wish they could see you right now as you go off to school....will you show us your school when we come to see you in November...maybe grandpa can play with your friends too?

Brooke said...

Isaak is already in preschool?? It seems like you were just pg with him? Elle & Joey are also getting so big! You all look well - maybe from sleeping all night?!

Ekelund Fam said...

Great idea about having daddy take him to school. Caleb starts Headstart on 09/17. I think I may be a wreck that week. :)