Friday, April 13, 2007

Happy Birthday!


When I (AC) was in 4th grade, I decided to become a master chef. Since today is my wife's BD, I thought I would showcase my skills.

Apparently technology has not advanced rapidly enough to save my homemade brownies from looking like an unpleasant pie.

I discovered ovens (even in this hemisphere) are unable to recognize when food is properly baked and just stop. Also, it is surprisingly easy to cut through silicon pans.

After much deliberation, I have decided not to light 30 tea light candles on this mess (I'm pretty sure we don't have enough normal BD candles). Since I've ruined the cake and the pan, I thought I would at least leave the FD out of the fun.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Kris!!! It's a BIG 3rd decade day for you. :) I'm not quite sure what to say about the brownies. Hopefully there were some tasty parts for you to enjoy???? Nice try Andy - the effort has to count for something, right?

CJ Olson said...

Happy birthday Kris. I hope that you had a GREAT day!!

Good try Andy!!

Leingang Family said...

Happy Birthday Kris! You were on our prayer list last night, so I decided to come and wish you a happy b-day. I hope the brownies tasted better than they looked. :o) Just kidding, Andy. I have made MANY things that turned out worse than that. It really is "the thought that counts" and it was a very sweet thought.

Kristina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristina said...

Just so everyone knows, the brownies may have looked terrible, but they tasted GREAT! It was the thought that counted!
Kris